Thank you for all you do to support bicycle advocacy in our state Bicycle Colorado!
Bicycle Colorado, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, uses the tools of education advocacy to make Colorado one of the most bicycle friendly states. We encourage and promote bicycling, increase safety, improve conditions and provide a voice for people who ride bicycles in Colorado. With the support of our members, we've made significant strides in improving bicycling since 1992. Some of what Bicycle Colorado has done:
- Gained hundreds of miles of new shoulders for riding bicycles on state roads.
- Changed the law to allow side-by-side riding when it's safe to do so.
- Changed the law to require drivers to give bicyclists 3 feet when passing and allows cars to cross a double-yellow line to safely pass.
- Changed the law so people riding bicycles can signal right turns with their right hands so they can ride through a crosswalk instead of dismounting.
- Protected and improved important mountain bike trails, and ensured mountain biker representation in planning and preserving open space.
- Ended bicycle bans around the state, including bans on riding bikes on specific roads, bans on racing events and even bans from bringing your bike on light rail trains.
- Taught more than 60,000 Colorado kids to safely ride their bikes and walk to school, and hundreds of adults how to safely commute to work (and use their bikes for errands and nearby trips.)
We're dedicated to building a bicycle-friendly Colorado.
Learn more about Bicycle Colorado: