Kim Welk, Endurance Coach – Team W Coaching
As a lifelong athlete I believe health and wellness are achievable for anyone through coaching. From children to adults, helping people achieve health and wellness goals while embracing their lifestyle journey is my passion. I love to observe the impact that owning your health and wellness has on all aspects of your life. The support extends beyond the finish line to focus on work-life balance, home-life balance and the ability to see the impact on your day to day performance. I incorporate a “one day…one step” mentality and follow the same philosophy in my daily life.
From children to adults, beginners to experienced, the Denver Century Ride offers a ride for everyone and Team W Coaching is here to provide the support that you need for a successful day on the course.
- Level 3 USA Cycling Coach
- TrainingPeaks Certified Level 2 Coach
- Level 1 USAT Triathlon Coach
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- Front Rangers Cycling Club
- Denver Century Ride – Denver, CO – June 2017
- Ironman Boulder 140.6 – Boulder, CO – June 2017
- Dopey Challenge – Orlando, FL – Jan 2017
- Ironman Chattanooga 140.6 – Sept 2016
- Ironman Boulder 70.3 – June 2016
- Spartan Super & Sprint – May 2016
- Rock N Roll AZ Marathon – Jan 2016
- Ironman AZ 70.3 – Oct 2015
- Ironman Boulder 70.3 – June 2015
- New York City Marathon – November 2014 – Member of Team First Descents
- Copper Triangle Bike Event – Copper Mountain, CO – August 2014
How to reach Team W Coaching:
*Link – Join the Denver Century Ride Strava Club
*Link – Denver Century Ride Training Plans
Here are some great suggestions from our Endurance Coach, Kim Welk, from Team W Coaching (TeamWCoaching@gmail.com) to get in the saddle.
If you are coming off the couch to The Denver Century Ride, here are some tips to get your body ready and for having a successful ride!
- Spend some time on the bike – 20 to 30 minutes a few times a week
- Get used to sitting in the saddle (your sit bones will thank you!)
- Familiarize yourself with starting and stopping (you need to follow road rules)
- Familiarize yourself with your gears so you can handle terrain changes
- Working Out
- If possible, take a longer ride on the weekend on a course similar to the event – 1 hour
- A strong core helps balance and stability on the bike so take a few minutes a few times a week to complete the following:
- Push-Ups, Jump Ropes, Single Leg Step Ups, Body Weight Squats, Forward Lunges. (Ensure proper form and repetitions within your capabilities.)
- Create a circuit of 8-10 exercises – 1 minute on :30 off repeat 2 times.
Thanks Kim for these great suggestions!
The Team W Coaching philosophy:
The Health and Wellness Pillar is one of the five essential pillars to success.
Our coaching is based around developing the mindset and lifestyle to achieve the health and wellness goals that you target. By taking care of yourself, you are able to show up better as a partner, spouse, parent, boss, co-worker, teammate and more.
In seeking a specific finish, you will receive support to prepare you for every step of your journey. The training is broken down to establish a foundation from which to build and grow. Embracing the journey #OneDayOneStep is the name of the game.
Whether you are a beginning runner, triathlete or entrepreneur or a seasoned accomplished athlete or business person, the training will incorporate core skills for continued growth as well as structured, periodized training to reach the potential that you seek. Share your vision, and together we will establish a blueprint to make the vision reality.