85 Mile Route At A Glance:
Distance: 85.9 Miles
Elevation: + 3960 / – 3964 ft
Max Grade 8.5 %
Avg. Grade -0.1 %
Start/Finish: The Shops at Northfield Stapleton – 8340 Northfield Blvd, Denver, CO 80238
Time: Scroll down for the Official Wave Start & Cutoff Times
Check out the 85 Mile 2018 Interactive Ride with GPS Map!
Please note: All routes are subject to change
See how all the 2018 routes intersect
Route Description & Highlights:
This 85 Mile route provides all the distance without the steep climb. Tour the iconic sights and discover some of the commuter bike routes that connect the Denver Metro Area. Roll past Coors Field on a closed street and cross the Cherry Creek Dam Road, which is also closed just for Denver Century Ride cyclists. Plus, cruise around old elegant Denver along city streets and bike paths. Here is a photo tour of some route highlights:
Official Wave Start & Cutoff Times:
6:00am – Wave 1 (Limited to 300 riders)
6:15am – Wave 2 (Limited to 300 riders)
6:30am – Wave 3 (Limited to 300 riders)
** All cyclists riding the 85 Mile Route must be through Blake Street by 8:30am and over the Dam Road by 2:30pm.
4:00pm – 100/85 Mile Route Cutoff
Is this route for you?
With less miles and no steep climb, this will not be as demanding as the 100 mile route. Please note that there are rolling hills on this course so we recommend that this is not be your first ride of the season, but rather you have logged some miles on your bicycle in preparation. This route mirrors the 100 mile course, but bypasses the abrupt climb up Lookout Mountain.
We encourage you to join the RideWithGPS DCR. This will allow you to download the routes onto your phone and you can check your location at all times.
1) Go to ridewithgps.com and Sign In or Sign Up with Ride with GPS
- If you currently have a personal account with Ride with GPS , simply login to your existing account.
- If you need to create a new account, click sign up and enter your credentials. You will be taken to a one-time splash screen where you are asked to choose account. Please choose Kick Starter, which is our free account.
2) After you are signed in with your existing or new account go to this link http://bit.ly/ridewithgpsDCR which will automatically add you to the event. Here is the link again: http://bit.ly/ridewithgpsDCR
3) You are now added to the Denver Century Ride 2018 participant list! You can access the event online or through the Ride with GPS phone app. To access the event routes from the app, please follow these steps:
- Download the Ride with GPS Apple or Android app.
- Sign into the app using the same credentials you used when you RSVP’d to the DCR event
- Click My Events from the menu and take advantage of the free navigation features
Click for Turn by Turn DCR Ride With GPS Download Instructions.