50 Mile Route At A Glance:
Elevation: + 1307 / – 1308 ft
Max Grade 4.6 %
Avg. Grade 0.0 %
Start/Finish: The Shops at Northfield Stapleton – 8340 Northfield Blvd, Denver, CO 80238
Time: Scroll down for the Official Wave Start and Cutoff Times
Check out the 50 Mile 2018 Interactive Ride with GPS Map!
Please note: All routes are subject to change
See how all the 2018 routes intersect
Route Description & Highlights:
The 50 Mile route is designed to help cyclists discover the myriad of roads to ride within the Denver metro area. It highlights some of Denver’s bicycle commuter routes and casual riding areas through city parks, historic neighborhoods, and across the Cherry Creek Dam Road, closed for our cyclists’ use only. Here is a photo tour of a few things you may see on the route:
Official Wave Start & Cutoff Times:
7:00am – Wave 5
7:15am – Wave 6
** All cyclists riding the 50 Mile Route must be through Blake Street by 8:30am. After 8:30am there will be no Denver Police Department support and you will be responsible for stopping at all stop lights.
** All cyclists riding the Denver Century Ride must be over the Dam Road by 2:30pm. After the Dam Road reopens to vehicle traffic cyclists will be directed to the Cherry Creek Bike Trail to get to the other side of the Dam Road
4:00pm Route Cut off
Is this route for you?
This is the perfect option if you want a great route but do not feel ready for a major climb or extra miles. It is also an excellent training ride as you prepare for other long distance rides later in the season.
We encourage all cyclists to join the RideWithGPS DCR. This will allow you to download the routes onto your phone and you can check your location at all times.
1) Go to ridewithgps.com and Sign In or Sign Up with Ride with GPS
- If you currently have a personal account with Ride with GPS , simply login to your existing account.
- If you need to create a new account, click sign up and enter your credentials. You will be taken to a one-time splash screen where you are asked to choose account. Please choose Kick Starter, which is our free account.
2) After you are signed in with your existing or new account go to this link http://bit.ly/ridewithgpsDCR which will automatically add you to the event. Here is the link again: http://bit.ly/ridewithgpsDCR
3) You are now added to the Denver Century Ride 2018 participant list! You can access the event online or through the Ride with GPS phone app. To access the event routes from the app, please follow these steps:
- Download the Ride with GPS Apple or Android app.
- Sign into the app using the same credentials you used when you RSVP’d to the DCR event
- Click My Events from the menu and take advantage of the free navigation features