Bicycle Colorado, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, uses the tools of education and advocacy to make Colorado one of the most bicycle-friendly states. We encourage and promote bicycling, increase safety, improve conditions and provide a voice for people who ride bicycles in Colorado. With the support of our members, we’ve made significant strides in improving bicycling since 1992. Some of what Bicycle Colorado has done:
- Gained hundreds of miles of new shoulders for riding bicycles on state roads.
- Changed the law to allow side-by-side riding when it’s safe to do so.
- Changed the law to require drivers to give bicyclists 3 feet when passing and allows cars to cross a double-yellow line to safely pass.
- Changed the law so people riding bicycles can signal right turns with their right hands and so they can ride through a crosswalk instead of dismounting.
- Protected and improved important mountain bike trails, and ensured mountain biker representation in planning and preserving open space.
- Ended bicycle bans around the state, including bans on riding bikes on specific roads, on racing events and even on bringing your bike on light rail trains.
- Taught more than 60,000 Colorado kids to safely ride their bikes and walk to school, and hundreds of adults how to safely commute to work (and use their bikes for errands and nearby trips.)
We’re dedicated to building a bicycle-friendly Colorado.
BikeDenver is Denver’s bicycle advocacy organization. Our mission is to promote and encourage bicycling in Denver and to get more people in Denver on bikes for recreation, transportation and FUN because we believe that bicycling is good for Denver.
Our work is focused in three areas; advocacy to improve policy and infrastructure that supports increased bicycle access in Denver; education for children, youth, college students and adults; and community engagement such as Bike to Work Wednesdays, BikeDenver After Hours and Tour de Fat.
Our network includes over 5,000 supporters and more than 350 volunteers who regularly participate in outreach events and help provide free community bike parking at Denver festivals and events with a combined attendance of over 1.6 million.
Learn more about BikeDenver!
It’s simple. You ride the bike when you need it, you check back into a station when you don’t.
It’s fun. We have stations and bikes at all the places you want to go like museums, cool neighborhoods, bars, restaurants, music and sport venues, bike trails and parks.
You can buy an access pass that fits your needs by the day, trip, month or year. Whatever works for you and your lifestyle.
Keep each ride under 30 minutes (or 60 minutes with the Annual Plus Pass) and you won’t be charged anything in addition to your access pass. So if you want to stop for a coffee on your way to the Museum of Nature and Science check the bike into a station, grab your coffee, and then check a bike out again when you have that cup of joe in-hand.
You can keep a bike checked out all day, but you will be charged $5.00 for every 30 minutes you keep the bike out after the first half hour of use.
From out of town? It’s easy. All you need is a credit card. It is great way to explore Denver even if you only have a few hours to get out and about.
Have your own bike? B-cycle’s are great for riding to places you don’t want to leave your own bike, or for one-way trips when you know you are catching a ride home from someone else. Like to Coors Field. Riding a bike to a Rockies game on a Colorado summer evening is the best. You check the B-cycle in and you never have to worry whether it will be there when you come out. It will B-cycles fit all sizes. And are equipped with pedal powered lights, a bell, a basket and a lock
So get out and B-cycle. Arrive at your work meeting with a smile, carrying a bike helmet. A smile that means you’ve just done something cool that you didn’t do this morning. People will ask you about it, smile, high five and talk about what you did when you leave. There are so many ways that B-cycle fits into your life the possibilities are endless.
And if you do it, others will too. Help the environment and help yourself!