Bicycle Colorado, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, uses the tools of education and advocacy to make Colorado one of the most bicycle-friendly states. We encourage and promote bicycling, increase safety, improve conditions and provide a voice for people who ride bicycles in Colorado. With the support of our members, we’ve made significant strides in improving bicycling since 1992. Some of what Bicycle Colorado has done:
- Gained hundreds of miles of new shoulders for riding bicycles on state roads.
- Changed the law to allow side-by-side riding when it’s safe to do so.
- Changed the law to require drivers to give bicyclists 3 feet when passing and allows cars to cross a double-yellow line to safely pass.
- Changed the law so people riding bicycles can signal right turns with their right hands and so they can ride through a crosswalk instead of dismounting.
- Protected and improved important mountain bike trails, and ensured mountain biker representation in planning and preserving open space.
- Ended bicycle bans around the state, including bans on riding bikes on specific roads, on racing events and even on bringing your bike on light rail trains.
- Taught more than 60,000 Colorado kids to safely ride their bikes and walk to school, and hundreds of adults how to safely commute to work (and use their bikes for errands and nearby trips.)
We’re dedicated to building a bicycle-friendly Colorado.
BikeDenver is Denver’s bicycle advocacy organization. Our mission is to promote and encourage bicycling in Denver and to get more people in Denver on bikes for recreation, transportation and FUN because we believe that bicycling is good for Denver.
Our work is focused in three areas; advocacy to improve policy and infrastructure that supports increased bicycle access in Denver; education for children, youth, college students and adults; and community engagement such as Bike to Work Wednesdays, BikeDenver After Hours and Tour de Fat.
Our network includes over 5,000 supporters and more than 350 volunteers who regularly participate in outreach events and help provide free community bike parking at Denver festivals and events with a combined attendance of over 1.6 million.
Learn more about BikeDenver!
Bike Jeffco is a 501.(c)(3) non-profit organization that promotes cycling as a viable recreation and transportation option, with a mission to provide education for road cycling as a mainstream transportation and recreation option, to increase its safety and to be the voice of road cyclists in Jefferson County, Colorado.
Bike Jeffco works with regional and state entities to affect positive change for bicyclists in and around Jefferson County. Some of the projects Bike Jeffco has helped create, refine and accelerate include the following:
- C-470 Trail: Bridge over US-285
- C-470 Trail: Chatfield Park
- Deer Creek Canyon: Shoulder Additions
- CH73: Shoulder Additions
- Central City Parkway opened to bicycling
- C-470 Trail: Wal-Mart Extension
- C-470 Trail: Repair Plan & Funding
- Cycling in Jefferson County Brochure with Sheriff’s Department
- Deer Creek Canyon: Emergency Telephones
Bike Jeffco is a large group of people including cyclists, law enforcement officers, county transportation planners, bike shop owners, bicycling clubs and bicycling advocacy groups.